National Infocomm Scholarship (NIS)
With infocomm, the future is a mere touch away and with the National Infocomm Scholarship (NIS), your dream of shaping and leading it becomes possible. To develop your abilities to their fullest potential, the NIS provides you with both the prestige of a government scholarship and valuable exposure to private sector work, through opportunities for internships and networking with the top names in the industry.
The National Infocomm Scholarship offers you more than one route to becoming an infocomm leader. If you seek a scholarship that offers you greater choice, scope and flexibility during your course of study, NIS is the one for you. With 4 scholarship categories, each brimming with possibilities, you can carve a unique and exciting route to becoming an infocomm leader.
With the National Infocomm Scholarship, there's more than one route to becoming an infocomm leader.
If you seek a scholarship that offers you greater choice, scope and flexibility during your course of study, NIS is the one for you. With 4 scholarship categories, each brimming with possibilities, you can carve a unique and exciting route to becoming an infocomm leader.
The 4 scholarship categories are:
- Fast Track Bachelors-Masters Scholarship: Eight Fast Track Bachelors-Masters programmes are offered under the NIS. In collaboration with renowned local universities and overseas universities, the programme provides you with a choice of top quality courses to pursue an infocomm education and career. Graduates will be awarded both Bachelors and Masters degrees from the respective universities.
- Full Overseas Scholarship: Get closer to your dream career by pursuing a Bachelors degree at renowned overseas universities. Scholars with outstanding results will be further sponsored for post-graduate study*.
- Full Local Scholarship: Write your future by pursuing a Bachelors degree locally. Scholars with outstanding results will be further sponsored for post-graduate study*.
- Mid-Term Local/Overseas Scholarship NEW: Grab the chance to embark on a spectrum of opportunities with NIS for outstanding undergraduates enrolled in an infocomm-related degree at a top local/overseas university.
*: Application for postgraduate study is subjected to the approval of IDA and NIS partner organisations
Talent Management Programme
From 2008, the NIS Talent Management Programme (or TMP for short) has been further strengthened. The aim of the TMP is to ensure that the scholars are plugged into the latest infocomm developments and have the opportunities to upgrade themselves with industry-relevant skills while they are studying. Under this programme, the scholars could choose to attend development courses, besides the NIS education, to enhance their professional capabilities. IDA is committed to sponsoring up to S$7,000 for each scholar to take up courses and certifications. The development courses seek to provide vendor-specific expertise, business domain knowledge, client management, business communication and soft skills. Specific examples include:
- ITIL V3 Foundation;
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD);
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Administrator;
- Red Hat Certified Engineer; and
- Sun Certified Java Developer.
With the National Infocomm Scholarship, great benefits await you en route to becoming an infocomm leader.
- Networking and Attachment Opportunities with leading organisations
NIS scholars will have the opportunity to network with industry leaders ranging from up and rising start-ups to prestigious MNCs. Scholars will gain the chance to be mentored by industry bigwigs and gain exciting attachment opportunities. Attachments with prestigious organisations will position you at the forefront of industry development, allowing you to obtain a broader perspective of the trade and stand in good stead for your future career.
- Exciting job placements opportunities upon graduation NEW
Towards their final year of studies, NIS Scholars will be matched to the industry according to their aspirations and passion. Scholars will have the freedom to choose to work for any company under the list of recommended industry partners (e.g. start-ups, SMEs, MNCs) as approved by IDA.
- Short bond period to give you greater freedom in charting your career path
Bond period of one to five years gives you the freedom to seek fresh challenges and maximise your potential.
- Talent Management Programme to upgrade yourself with industry-relevant skills
The Talent Management Programme (TMP) ensures that scholars are plugged into the latest infocomm developments. From courses to networking opportunities to mentoring, seminars and conferences, the TMP enhances your professional capabilities to enable you to enter the workforce as an asset to your employer.
- NIS offers extensive programme support during your course of study:
a. Tuition and other compulsory university fees
b. Annual living allowance one-time computer allowance
c. Hostel fees
d. One-time settling-in, attachment allowances and return airfare for overseas attachment
e. Warm clothing allowance
f. Medical insurance and visa fees, etc.
- Course of Study
a. Business and IT (e.g. Business Information Technology, Computational Finance, Computational Biology, etc)
b. Computer Engineering
c. Computer Science
e. Digital Media
f. Electronic Commerce
g. Electrical and Electronic Engineering
h. Economics (applicable for candidates who intend to be placed with IDA only)
i. Financial IT/Informatics
j. Information Systems
k. Information Systems
l. Law (applicable for candidates who intend to be placed with IDA only).
m. Other infocomm-related courses
- Be a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a good Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) record.
- Possess a strong interest in a career in the infocomm industry.
- For Full Scholarship - possess outstanding "A" Level or Polytechnic results.
- For Mid-Term Local/Overseas Scholarship - existing undergraduate pursuing an infocomm-related degree at a top local/overseas university.
For Application Procedure and More Information
Application opens from December to March annually.
Please visit www.infocommtalent.sg/nis for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
View the FAQs here.
For enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.